How to take care of your bones and joints?
COVID 19 has created a new normal 'Work from home,' and many believe this is the way to control the spread of infection. Even though people enjoy working from home, it also comes with some health-related challenges. Orthopedic problems are one of them and are common among the desk job professionals.
Here are some tips from Dr. Suman CPS to overcome this issue and keep your bones and joints healthy.
- Before you start your exercises, stretch your joints for at least three minutes as a warm-up regularly.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes for five days a week.
- Increase the count of your exercise gradually, which should not be more than 25% per week.
- Follow both Cardiorespiratory like running, cycling, and resistance exercises like weight lifting for better bone health.
- Doing cross-training and mix up workouts will strengthen all the muscles and joints.
- Learn the difference between DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) and True muscle/ligament injury.
- Consume protein-rich foods, dry fruits, and fresh juices.
- Avoid heavy dieting as it might affect your immune response. Intake of vitamin C rich foods will boost your immunity.
- Always wear a mask whenever you step out of your home. Follow social distancing in public.
Don't let this pandemic period take control of your health. Practice good exercises, consume nutritious food, and take the precautionary measures to face and embrace the new culture.